Fujita Pharmaceutical recognizes that handling personally identifiable information (“personal information”) in an appropriate manner and ensuring its confidentiality is part of its corporate social responsibility. In keeping with that responsibility, we have implemented the following initiatives:
- We ensure workers handling personal information are aware of the importance of complying with laws and regulations as well as internal rules concerning such information, along with associated roles, responsibilities, and penalties for violations.
- When we collect personal information, we do so only to the extent necessary to achieve explicit goals that we make clear in advance. In addition, when we receive personal information from business partners, we review the goals and scope that define our partners’ collection and use of that information. We also explicitly define the scope of our own use and responsibility, and we obtain the consent of our business partners in advance.
- When we outsource the processing of personal information to outside contractors, we take appropriate steps to manage that work so that the information in question does not leak or get outsourced again.
- We store personal information in a safe location and manage it carefully. In addition, we ensure that personal information that is no longer needed is discarded or deleted.
In the event we receive a request to disclose, correct, or delete collected personal information from the owner of that information, we will comply within a reasonable amount of time and to a reasonable extent.
These policies do not apply in instances where disclosure is required by laws or regulations; compelled by a court of law, police, or other public institution in a manner that conforms to applicable legal requirements; or necessary on an emergency basis to protect the life, physical well-being, or financial assets of the general public.
- We are keenly aware of the risk that personal information could be lost, corrupted, altered, or improperly disclosed. Accordingly, we follow information security procedures, including by taking steps to prevent unauthorized access and infection with computer viruses.
In the event of an incident involving personal information, we will immediately notify the owner of that information as well as business partners and other involved parties and take such steps as are necessary.
- Going forward, we will improve the manner in which we use personal information to accommodate social change, for example in the form of the enactment or revision of laws concerning personal information, as well as changes in the requirements of business partners or in the business environment.
- Our website contains links to outside websites operated by other companies. We are not liable for the protection of personal information on outside websites, or for the content of such websites.
*Inquiries concerning our use of personal information should be directed here.